The Baptist church was organized in Castle Grove on the 5th of July, 1874. James Starr was elected clerk and B. F. Searles and Jerome Scott, were chosen deacons. The church edifice was dedicated September 26, 1876. Some of the pastors have been: Revs. J. W. Thompson, L. H. Thompson, W. C. Archer, J. G. Johnson. The organization only lived a few years, and had erected a neat church building on a commanding spot in section 21. The building was sold to the German Lutheran Society in 1884 and is now used and maintained for church purposes by that society.