This article is from History of Jones County, Iowa, Past and Present, Volume 1, R. M. Corbitt, S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., Chicago, 1910, page 573.


Nothing definite has been secured in regard to the early history and beginning of this religious organization. The present organization is as follows: pastor, Rev. G. W. Hughes; elders: B. F. Wilson, John Mailey; deacons: Ed Mershon, Geo. Vernon, Simeon Ballou; Sunday school superintendent, Mrs. A. J. Hughes. The present membership of the church numbers about sixty-five members. Regular services are held in their church, and the organization is well maintained. The members are faithful and earnest workers in the vineyard of the Lord, and take pride in upholding the moral and religious standard of the community.