The Episcopalians had their first organization April 23, 1867, with Rev. Campbell as first rector, but only the records of their last organization remain.
On the evening of St. Thomas' Day, 1894. Rev. W. M. Pierce of Farley, an Episcopalian minister, held services in the Methodist chapel, and afterward called a meeting for the purpose of organizing a mission. It was decided to adopt the name of St. Thomas as the name of the new organization. A hall was secured over Wills & Doutrick's dry goods store until a church could be built, and was fitted up in due form.
A class of eight adults was at first confirmed, and afterward the number increased to sixteen. The records end abruptly October 29, 1895, but not till the death of two of the little band had reduced their number to fourteen. The organization lasted about a year.