This church was organized
April 18, 1891, with the following official board: Deacons: Fred Buckholtz and Chas. Westphal; secretary, Fred Koch; treasurer, Henry Lage, Sr.; trustees: Charles Behnke, Fred Reuhs and John Schmidt. The same year they purchased the old Methodist Episcopal church edifice. The first pastor was Rev. Mohl, then Rev. W. H. Bunge, then Rev. Paul Clemen, who remained until the summer of 1909, when he resigned. There is no regular pastor at present. (Rev. Carl Streigh became pastor December 1, 1909.) This church and the German Lutheran church of Olin, unite in the support of the same pastor who resides at Olin.
In 1903, the society remodeled the church, which had its main auditorium on the second floor, and class room and Sunday-school room on the first floor. The Lutheran society took out the second floor, closed up the upper windows and put in a new arch ceiling, with gallery, new windows, and a platform and pulpit, all in accordance with the interior of other Lutheran churches. This with new furniture and fixtures, and the repainting of the exterior of the building, cost one thousand, seven hundred and eighty dollars. In rebuilding, they added very much to the interior and exterior and improved its appearance greatly.
The present officers of the church are: Trustees: John Buckholtz, Carl Behnke; deacons: Louis Buckholtz, Christ W. Bramer; secretary, Geo. Feidler; treasurer, Fred Koch.