There is but one church building in the village of Morley at the present time, though we are informed that provision is being made for the erection of a second building within a short time. The Methodist Episcopal church is located on the western boundary of the village. This building was erected in the year 1896, at a cost of approximately one thousand, five hundred dollars. The class, however, was organized several years previous to this date, the services being held in the Lutheran church building which is now used for a Woodman hall. The class moved here in 1889. John Tallman and wife and H. P. Farnum and wife were among the first members of the class.
The Lutheran church building was formerly located north of town, but later was moved into town and repaired. The Lutheran society no longer exists. The M. E. church building was started during the pastorate of Rev. P. S. Slocum, then a student, but now the president of the Epworth Seminary. The building was not finished however during the pastorate of Mr. Slocum. Mr. Slocum was followed by Rev. Gruell who remained but a short time. The next pastor was Rev. Carl Anderson and under his pastorate the building was completed. Following Mr. Anderson, the society had as its pastor, Rev. Deniston, J. S. Westphal, H. E. Wilcox, T. P. Potter, Joseph Garnett, Clyde Putnam, Rev. Hiller, Vernon Mangan, and the present pastor, W. M. Baker.
The present officers of the church are: Trustees: H. P. Farnum, John Wurzbacher, F. B. Shoemaker, H. H. Glackin, David Boots; Stewards: H. P. Farnum, Sylvia Boots; Class Leader, H. P. Farnum; Sunday school superintendent, John Wurzbacher; Organist, Mrs. Mabel Hunter, with Miss Leda Wurzbacher the faithful assistant.