The Langworthy circuit of the Methodist Episcopal church was organized in October, 1859, by Rev. Bishop Isabel, and for a number of years enjoyed a continuous itinerate pastorate. What was later known as the "Springer Memorial" church was built in 1872, the first trustees being P. G. Bonewitz, Minor Davis, Michael Tippin, H. Albertson, J. F. Wilkins, Z. Dunning and F. J. Fish. Rev. Hedges was the preacher in charge. (Note: In 1879 the preacher in charge was the Rev. R. Ricker.) Rev. Wheat was the last preacher about ten years ago. In the spring of 1903, the church building, which stood on the south side of the village, was sold to Fred Doden and is now being used for a barn. The parsonage was moved into the village and is now in use as a residence.
The Langworthy circuit included Langworthy, Burr Oak, Hickory Grove and Amber. The circuit no longer exists.
The Burr Oak M. E. Church, section 29, Wayne twp., also erected a new church in the autumn of 1872, the Rev J. M. Hedge being Pastor. The first Trustees were Daniel Loper, Ephraim Stroman, George Soper, Jacob Fryberger and Jacob Rhue.
Alan Leonard Fairbanks assisted in building the Hickory Grove church, section 10, Cass twp, and has since been a member.
The Amber M. E. church dates from about 1890, the present building being erected about 1893. Rev. J. M. Beall was the first minister. Henry Hartman and Cable Belknap were the first officers. The church at that time was in the Langworthy circuit. The church is now supplied by the Methodist Episcopal pastor at Center Junction, Rev. H. F. Dorcas.
The present officers of the Amber church, are: Peter Peterson, Ernest Ruhe and Cable Belknap, stewards: Mrs. Angie Lyons, Sunday school superintendent; Mrs. Grace Tebo, secretary; Miss Jennie Belknap, treasurer.