This church seceded from the Methodist Episcopal Church at Anamosa, in 1865, in consequence of a dispute in regard to the site of the new M.E. church and other things, among them a feeling brought on by the war. Seven members, who were the leaders in the organization, bought the old M.E. church building, and in it they worshiped. These members were Noah Hutchins, James L. Brown, John S. Belknap, Burrill Huggins, Joseph Moore, Samuel Brunskill and L. Belknap. They continued to hold services, although never incorporated a society, until about the 1st of September, 1871, when they disbanded. The ministers who preached during their continuance were: James Abbott and W. C. Beardsley.