The Wayne Presbyterian church, is now only a matter of history. The church was organized in 1861, and the church building erected near the center of the township. The original members numbered twenty-seven, the Warner's, Dawson's, Clark's and Hitchcock's being most of the membership. Rev. J. W. McKean, president of what is now Lenox College, preached here and also his father Rev. James McKean. In 1870, Rev. B. Wall preached here and at Anamosa. In 1871 to 1873, Rev. J. Wilson also served these churches. From 1874 to 1877, Rev. John Rice preached at this place with more or less regularity in connection with Scotch Grove. By this time, the Kansas lands were being opened, and the rush to the grasshopper state, carried off most of the church membership, and the church being deprived of adequate financial support, the society ran down, and the organization finally disbanded. The building was sold to P. M. Himebaugh for two hundred dollars to be used as a barn. The remaining or surviving members of this church united with the Presbyterian church of Scotch Grove, and with the United Presbyterian church in section 24 of Wayne.