This article is from History of Jones County, Iowa, Past and Present, Volume 1, R. M. Corbitt, S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., Chicago, 1910, page 492.

The United Brethren Church had its begining at an early date, about 1860, in a stone building across the river, known as the Stone church. The church in town was built about thirty years ago, and had in its prosperous days a membership of about one hundred, which gradually decreased. About 1903, the church disbanded, and the church building was sold to the Hoag Duster Factory and is now being used in the feather duster business.