|D. FERGUSON, dealer in general stock; P.O. Oxford Junction; born in Andes, Delaware Co., N.Y., in 1837; engaged for ten years in mercantile business East, and removed to Iowa in 1869, and settled in Clarence, and formed a partnership with Simmons, Hanna & Ferguson, and, in 1875, opened the first store in Oxford Junction. His wife, Miss Margaret Richmond, was born in New York City in 1835, married, in 1866, in New York State, and have two children living—Ward and Agnes B. Lost one, Cora D., at the age of 5 months, while at Clarence. In politics, a Republican, and for fifteen years has been an active member of the Methodist Church.
Source: History of Jones County, Iowa, Western Historical Company, Chicago, 1879, page 590.
|[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]|