||John Pottinger Graft, the son of Abraham Ferree Graft and Eunice Pottinger, was born in Kentucky in 1800. With his father, he removed to Butler county, Ohio near Seven Mile, as a very young child. John grew to manhood there and on 15 August 1822, he married Mary Gray, the daughter of John and Nancy Gray. Soon after 1840 or about that time John and his family migrated to Jones county, Iowa where he remained until his death on 21 September 1881. John and Mary had eight children.
- Elizabeth Ann Graft, born 22 May 1823 in Butler Co, Ohio She married first John Richtstine, Jr. and later Adam Kramer.
- David Graft, born 21 Mar 1825 in Jackson twp., Butler, Ohio. He married Christina Byerly.
- George W. Graft, born 1826 in, Butler, Ohio. He married Mary Seely.
- John S. Graft, born 1832 in Butler, Ohio. He married first Sarah Hines and second Perry Libby.
- Nancy J. Graft, born 1835. She married William Mays or Maize.
- Mary Magdeline Graft, born 1837 in Wayne, Butler, Ohio. She married Charles Martz.
- Sarah R. Graft, born 1845 in Iowa. She married James Amour.
- Eunice Graft, born about 1847. She married Aquilla Baugh, born about 1847.
Source: Written and submitted Allen Donald Tallman.
Note: Note: For more information about the Grafft Family you can download Family History: Hans Graf Family descendants: Lancaster County, PA, Early Generations & Later Generations by Allen Donald Tallman at the Lancaster, PA USGenWeb Archives.