|S. G. Harris
Born February 3, 1833
|S. G. HARRIS, proprietor Burnet House, Monticello; is a native of Massachusetts, and was born in the city of Boston June 23, 1831. He grew up to manhood there, and, on the 9th of October, 1854, he was united in marriage to Miss Frances T. Green, from Chelsea, Vt. They came West to Illinois in 1858, and located at Port Byron, and lived there until 1868, then removed to Davenport. Mr. Harris has been connected with the boot and shoe trade for thirty years, and most of the time (for twenty years) was on the road selling goods. He has held the office of Justice of the Peace, Town Clerk, Township Assessorand other town and school offices. He came to Monticello and opened the Burnet House in May, 1878. Mr. and Mrs. Harris have four children—Charles G. (living in Davenport), Nathaniel (at home), George (living in Davenport), Malcolm (attending lectures at Rush Medical College, Chicago).
Source: From History of Jones County, Iowa, Western Historical Company, Chicago, 1879, page 669.
|[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]|