This article is from an unknown source, perhaps a newspaper story.

The Church had its beginning in Oxford Junction by organizing a Sunday school, which was held in F. Nowachek's hall, during the year 1885, under the pastoral care of Rev. Robert A. Miller. D. Ferguson was superintendent. There were about 150 scholars in attendance each Sunday. Maggie Messer was secretary. During the next year an effort was made to build a church, but failed. In the spring of 1887 Rev. Hiram Bailey, then pastor of Oxford Mills circuit, started a subscription, and there was generous response. A board of trustees was elected, articles of incorporation executed, and April 25 a building committee appointed, consisting of D. Ferguson, C. W. Corwin, Geo. Haun and H. Bailey.

The contract to build was given to F. Mattis. The church was finished by October 1, 1887, and dedicated the next day by Rev. A. C. Manwell, presiding elder of the district; free of debt. Some two hundred persons had contributed to its erection, Mr. Ferguson being the largest contributor. The whole amount promised had been paid in by this time, and enough to put in the furnace and furniture. There was a need of $50 only, for insuring the building and furniture, for five years. This is a very brief resume of the M.E. Church in Oxford Junction.

Rev. H. BaIley was returned to the charge the following year. That fall Rev. A. D. Stevens was sent in charge of the work, a young man who had been in revival work within the bounds of the Upper Iowa Conference. This was his first charge. At the close of the conference year, Rev. A. B. Chalder was sent, also a young man new to the work of the ministry. Next came G. N. Kelliston for one year; then W. F. Bacon for three years; E. A. Holscher remained two years, closing his work in Oxford Junction October 9, 1899. For one year each the following ministers served the charge: G. F. Sutherland, J. S. Westfall and J. G. Eberhart.

In 1905 and 1906, Rev. Chas. Putnam served the congregation, he being followed in 1907 by Rev. S. V. Williams who remained two years. Then followed Rev. Mangan and Jayne in 1909, Rev. P. S. Homberger in 1910, Rev. H. R. Dole in 1911, Rev. J. W. Hearse in 1912, Rev. L. Farnham in 1913, Rev. Moffett in 1914, and J. T. Snyder in 1915, being the pastor in charge at this time, and holding bi-weekly meetings in the M.E. house of Worship.

The church has suffered much by removals, the going away of many of its ablest workers, at the same time losing its best financial supporters. Hence the work done by this noble army of ministers and lay workers has been minified thereby; yet there has always been a faithful few—a small, but heroic band.

An Epworth League was organized June, 1890, and still continues its work. The church is open every Sunday morning for Sabbath School. Mr. E. Seeley is the never-tiring, faithful superintendent, with a corps of teachers, doing excellent work.