John Tallman & Family
John TALLMAN (Jr.), born 3 Apr 1821 in Canal Winchester, Franklin, OH; died 30 Jul 1893 in Morley, Jones, IA. He married on 30 Aug 1843 in Fairfield Co., OH, Lucinda LOWE, born 15 Jan 1822 in Maryland Line, near Baltimore, MD; died 6 Sep 1909; buried in Morley, Jones, IA, daughter of Joshua LOW and Rosina FRIEDRICK.
They left Franklin County, Ohio and settled in Jones Co., Iowa near what is now called Morley in 1845. There Mr. Tallman purchased land (308 acres by 1879) and carried on farming, being one of the successful Agriculturalists of the Rome Township community. Mr. Tallman was quite prominent in political circles, filling all of the township positions and 9 years on the board of supervisors. No trust given him was ever betrayed and his record as a businessman and office holder was extremely commendable. He was a Republican and member of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Both he and his wife are buried in the Greene Center Cemetery near Morley, Jones County, Iowa.
Children of John TALLMAN (Jr.) and Lucinda LOWE were as follows:
- James Henry TALLMAN, born 29 Aug 1844 in Canal Winchester, Franklin, OH; died 16 Feb 1905 in Harlan, Shelby, Iowa; buried 19 Feb 1905 in Harlan, Shelby, Iowa. He was a Civil War soldier, Company E. 31st Iowa Infantry 14 August 1862 and discharged at Louisville, Kentucky 27 June 1865. He married on 31 Dec 1868 in Rome Twp, Jones, Iowa, Landora Jane RICHTSTINE, born 29 Oct 1849 in Olin, Jones, Iowa; died 11 Dec 1932 in Tulsa, Tulsa, Ok; buried in Harlan, Shelby, Iowa, daughter of John RICHTSTINE (Jr.) and Elizabeth Ann GRAFT.
- Nathaniel Commadore TALLMAN, born 22 Jan 1846 in Morley, Jones, IA; died 10 Oct 1910 in Paton, Greene, Iowa; buried in Paton, Greene, Iowa. He married, first, Annie PETTIT and, second, Ida May HAMILTON.
- Reuben Sanford TALLMAN, born 10 Oct 1848 in Morley, Jones, IA; died 17 Apr 1913 in Paton, Greene, Iowa. He married Sarah Ellen WILLETT.
- Elizabeth TALLMAN, born 17 Jan 1850 in Morley, Jones, IA; died 22 May 1931. Elizabeth for many years taught Public School in Denver, Colorado. Miss Tallman never married.
- Winfield Harrison TALLMAN, born 29 Aug 1852 in Morley, Jones, IA; died 30 May 1932 in Paton, Greene, Iowa. He married on 2 Nov 1873 in Morley, Jones, Iowa, Edith Jane GANZER, born 30 Sep 1854, daughter of Samuel and Catherine (RHOADS)
- Mary Jane TALLMAN, born 17 Apr 1855 in Morley, Jones, IA; died 26 Nov 1888. She married on 6 Mar 1884, Elmer J. BOOTS, born 18 Dec 1858 in Osage, New York; died 17 Jul 1919 in Seattle, Washington.
- Rosanna TALLMAN, born 11 Feb 1857 in Morley, Jones, IA; died 15 Jan 1933 in Mt. Vernon, Linn, Iowa. She married on 7 Oct 1883 in Mt. Vernon, Iowa, John Arthur Graves NEFF, born 18 Aug 1855 in Farmington, Conn.; died 23 Nov 1926 in Mt. Vernon, Linn, Iowa.
- Samantha Emaline TALLMAN, born 7 Jun 1859 in Morley, Jones, IA; died 15 Nov 1937 in Anamosa, Jones, Iowa. She married, first, on 21 Aug 1879, Stephen A. D. NEWMAN, born abt. 1859 in Forest Chapel, Jones, Iowa; died 11 Apr 1884. She married, second, Peter KANE.
- Angeline TALLMAN, born 18 Dec 1860 in Morley, Jones, IA; died 1 Oct 1935. She married on 14 Jan 1890, Robert Thomas BOOTS, born 10 Jul 1865; died bef. 1955. Children of Angeline TALLMAN and Robert Thomas BOOTS were: 1) Clayton BOOTS, born 9 Feb 1891 in Morley, Jones, Iowa; died 7 Sep 1892 in Jones, Iowa; buried in Forest Chapel Cemetery, Jones, Iowa. 2) Clarence BOOTS, born 9 Feb 1891 in Morley, Jones, Iowa. He married Rose Ellen HAYNOR. 3) Albert Augustus BOOTS, born 25 Apr 1892 in Morley, Jones, Iowa. He married Bertha May HAYNOR. 4) Mabel Angeline BOOTS, born 7 Mar 1894 in Morley, Jones, Iowa. She married Ralph Lee PECK.
- Wilbur Ellsworth TALLMAN, born 20 Apr 1863 in Morley, Jones, IA; died 3 Oct 1948 in Morley, Jones, Iowa. He married on 20 Apr 1886, Mary Delilah MERRETT, born 11 Feb 1863; died 30 Jul 1924.