[an error occurred while processing this directive]
|Henry George Harms
June 19 1916–January 29 1965
|Two Iowa Men Asphyxiated In Arkansas
Two prominent eastern Iowa men were found dead in their deluxe mobile camper in a rest area off interstate 55 near Osceola, Ark., Tuesday afternoon.
Their deaths were attributed to carbon monoxide poisoning.
They were Dean Powers, 48, of 4805 J Street SW, Cedar Rapids, and Henry Harms of Monticello.
Powers was president of Dean Powers Co., and owned Powers Truck Port and the Irish Inn on highway 30 west. Harms was the owner of Harmsway Truck Lines at Monticello. The two men were enroute to Florida for a vacation.
They left Cedar Rapids at 3:30 p.m. last Thursday in a Greyhound bus, which Mr. Powers had only recently converted, into a deluxe camper.
Osceola is in the extreme northeast corner of Arkansas.
Coroner Jim Stovall said he believe the bus had been in the rest area since early Friday. He said the bodies of the two men were discovered by a member of a state highway department crew who looked into the bus and notified authorities.
Windows and interior of the bus were soot and smokestained, the coroner said, indicating a malfunction of the gas furnace installed against one wall of the bus, as the cause of their asphyxiation.
Millard "Dean" Powers was born July 5, 1916, in Coggon and was married to the former Mary Reid July 24, 1938 in Cedar Rapids.
Henry George Harms, 48, was born in Lockhart, Minn., and moved to Monticello with his parents in 1934.
Submitted by: [an error occurred while processing this directive]
|[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]|